Monday, December 16, 2013

Snowmageddon

We've recently experienced the most snow Jerusalem has seen in 50+ years. It blanketed the whole city with an otherworldly feel. School was cancelled. Shops were closed. Peace deals were (nearly) signed in the wake of such serenity and quiet. I don't think it's ever going to melt!

 We fell asleep to a few flurries and awoke to this. Brrr.

 This is the point I was kicking myself for leaving all our snow gear in Colorado.

Our alleyway---with no snow shovel in sight


The steep hill down from our house to the main street. Few ventured up it that day.

But we did! Our friends were hosting a pancake breakfast, and we were determined to get there.

Nick's feet were already soaking wet by this point.

It all brought back memories of Chicago for me.

Except for the palm trees. Not many of those in Chicago.


Our friends car
Too bad no one has window scrapers here. People were using squeegees and brooms.


We picked up our friend Jenni who was also headed to breakfast.

This was right before I ate it on the wet steps. I fell extremely gracefully, though, so no one was hurt.

Moira's makeshift boots and gloves

Our happy snowman

So that's us. I'll leave you with this.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
The Conners

No comments:

Post a Comment