Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Excursions

To accommodate the holy days of Muslims and Christians, our school is in session from Monday through Thursday and then again on Saturday. Nothing is open on Friday in our neighborhood, so we typically spend it catching up on work, sleep, cleaning, and laundry. Sunday is our best day to get out and explore, and today Jerusalem was on the schedule. This time we toured the Old City from above via the ramparts walk along the wall. Rula, one of the Arabic teachers served as our guide.


Apparently I don't look Muslim enough to be allowed into the Dome of the Rock. I will have to work on my tan.


Trish, Molly, me, Christie, Rula, and Charlotte on the Temple Mount

Men's prayer area at the Western Wall

View of the Mount of Olives from our elevated sidewalk on the wall


3 comments:

Lisa Voth said...

Nick and Angel! I knew you guys were doing something but it was shrouded in mystery since I couldn't open any attachments! I'm glad you have a blog so I can get the scoop. (:
I love you guys and am so excited for you!

Scott and Lornel said...

love your blog!!! thinking much about you these days

Al said...

Wow, this brings back such fond memories! Thanks for posting the photos.

Post a Comment